Moving into a senior living facility doesn’t mean the end of one’s hopes and dreams. It’s a time to embrace new experiences, as these older Americans have shown us.
Retirement: Expecting the Unexpected
Retirement is full of surprises and uncertainties. Here are some twists and turns that you should be prepared for.
Rethinking the Withdrawal Rate: Goodbye, 4% Rule
The withdrawal rate during retirement has long been a topic of debate. So, what’s the best approach for retirees in managing their finances?
Retirement News Highlights
- Millions of Older Americans Struggling with Poverty: Exploring the Causes
- Barry Williams, ‘Brady Bunch’ Star: Dancing Through Generations
- Analyzing Republican Social Security Plans: Do They Make Sense?
- The Truth About Multilevel Marketing and Making Money: Insights from Accountants
- When Talking about Family Wealth Goes Wrong: The Regretful Conversations
- Retiring Abroad? Beware of Violence, Crime, and Corruption
- Finding Happiness in Retirement: Four Key Elements
- Unpacking the Impact of Generous Employer Matches on Retirement Savings
In the News: Retirement Insights
Stay up to date with the latest retirement news:
- How Much Notice Should You Give Before Retiring? (Washington Post)
- Concerns Surrounding Bankruptcy at Schaumburg Retirement Community (Chicago Tribune)
Never too young? Lawmakers back new 401(k) plan bill for teen retirement savers (BenefitsPRO)
Research and Insight
Retirement plan contributions slipped in 2022, annual PSCA survey shows (InvestmentNews)
Experts Say This Magic Number Is Key to Healthy Retirement Savings — And It’s Not $1 Million (Nasdaq)
This Four-Part Retirement Strategy Helps Combat Bad Timing (Kiplinger)
New Mothers Who Get Back to Work Quickly Earn More (Center for Retirement Research at Boston College)
To share with your family, friends and clients
This is the worst part of retirement
Fed rate hikes are fueling, not slowing, inflation, says this market-beating fund manager
U.S. Treasury bonds are not ‘safe’
Inflation adjustments won’t save you from paying taxes on 85% of your Social Security benefit
How to compare Medicare plans and pick the best one for you
6 places to turn for help with Medicare enrollment
Don’t get fooled again: 3 ways investors are tricked, and 6 ways to protect yourself